1. Name – The Club shall be called Coxheath and Farleigh Junior Football Club and shall incorporate Coxheath Colts Junior Football Club.
2. Objectives – To provide association football in a safe environment for children who are members of the club.
3. Club Rules – are adopted by members and their parents/guardians and form a binding agreement between them and the Club.
4. Regulation – The Club will have the status of an affiliated member of the Football Association of England through its affiliation to the Kent County Football Association. The rules and regulations of these bodies are deemed to be incorporated into the rules of the Club. No alteration to Club rules shall be effective without written approval of The Kent County Football Association. The Club will abide by the Football Association’s Child Protection policies and guidance, its codes of conduct and Equal Opportunities and Non Discrimination policies.
5. Membership of the Club – Are those persons listed in the register of members which shall be maintained by the management committee of the Club. Any person who wishes to become a member must apply to the Club Secretary by completing a current membership application form. Membership of the Club is at the discretion of its Management Committee (Chairman; Secretary and Treasurer). In the event of a member’s resignation or expulsion from the Club his or her name will be removed from the membership register. Access to the membership register may be given to the Kent County Football Association at their request.
6. Annual Membership Fee – The annual membership fee payable will be reviewed and set at the annual general meeting.
7. Resignation and Expulsion – A member will cease to be a member of the Club if, and from the date on which, they give notice to the Club Secretary of their resignation. Any such notice must be accompanied by payment of all monies due to that date together with the return of all property belonging to the Club. The Club will have the authority to fine, suspend or expel any member of the Club deemed guilty of conduct prejudicial to its good name. A member who resigns or is expelled shall not be entitled to claim any, or share of any, Club property.
8. Club Committee – The management committee of the Club shall consist of the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of the Club, all of whom will be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Those duly elected will hold office until the next Annual General Meeting. No person may hold more than one of these offices at any one
time. The committee will be responsible for the management of the Club. All members of the management committee must be present at its meetings. All voting shall be made by a simple majority of those present. The management committee shall have the power to appoint such committees as it may consider necessary, who will report back to the management committee for decision. All decisions of the management committee will be formally recorded and be made available to members by the Secretary. Any member of the management committee may call a meeting by giving not less than 7 days’ notice to all other members of the management committee. Any outgoing member of the management committee may be re-elected at the Annual General Meeting. Election to office will be simple majority of members or their parents/guardian present at the meeting. As provided in the rules and regulations of the Football Association and the Kent County Football Association, the management committee shall have the power to decide all questions and disputes arising in respect of any issue concerning the club’s rules.
9. Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings – An Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held within one month after completion of the Club’s teams fixtures of that season. Written notice will be given by the Chairman of not less than 21 days of the meeting to all members parents/guardians. The AGM will receive a report of the activities of the Club since the previous AGM, also receive a report of the Club’s finances over the previous financial year, and elect members of the management committee and other relevant officer roles, and to consider any other relevant business. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) may be called at any time by the management committee as deemed necessary and by exception. It may also call an EGM upon the written request of at least six of its members or their parents/guardians. The quorum of all such meetings will be 12. The Chairman, or in their absence the Secretary, will Chair such meetings. Each member present or their parents/guardians shall have one vote and all resolutions shall be passed by simple majority. In the event of a tie the Chair of the meeting will have a casting vote. The Secretary, or in their absence the Treasurer, will take the minutes of such meetings.
10. Teams of the Club – The management committee will appoint managers to each team it has agreed to register for the relevant season with the regional leagues. The appointed managers will be responsible for managing the relevant team for that season and ensure compliance with the Club’s and the affiliated leagues rules at all
11. times. All managers are required to attend any general meetings and ask questions relevant to their teams.
12. Finances of the Club – A bank account will be maintained in the Club’s name. Authorised signatories will be members of the management committee. All cheques will require two signatures without exception. All monies payable to the Club will be received, accounted for in Club records and banked by the Treasurer. The income and assets of the Club shall only be applied in furtherance of the Club and its association football activities. The Treasurer will prepare annual accounts and make them available to the AGM for approval and then make them available to the Kent County Football Association on request. All property of the Club shall be vested in the Club and a register kept by the Treasurer.
13. Dissolution – A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at a general meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least 75% of members or their parents/guardians present. In the event of any funds or property in the Club as the management committee decides, will either be donated to a charitable body or divided by the members registered with the Club at that time. This decision shall be made with the consent of the Kent County Football Association.